Women shouldn't just have ' a day' but should be celebrated every day.
The reason we have International Women's Day (IWD) is because all-too-often women are not supported or given equal access to the same resources and opportunities for growth - and that's the simplest way to explain it but it doesn't even really do the subject justice.
As we know, progress means being informed so below you can find an aggregate of information and insights we found inspiring this IWD. This year's theme?: Embrace Equity.
- Just The Facts: International Women's Day 2023. Statistics Canada
- International Women's Day: Date, History, & This Year's Theme, National Post
- Five Stories That Show That International Women's Day Remains as Relevant as Ever, Globe & Mail
- Why Paying Women an Equal Wage Helps, Not Hurts Your Business, Entrepreneur
- 6 Facts About International Women's Day, Mental Floss
- 27 International Women's Day Facts to Celebrate the Holiday, Bustle
- Three Important Facts from the World Bank's Gender Data Portal, World Bank Blog
We have come a long way but there is so much room to grow. Today, we hope you are celebrating the women in your life - your peers, family, friends, colleagues, mentors, and more. :)