Recent international post-secondary graduates in Canada can now apply to extend their post-graduate work permits.
Are you one of these 100,000+ grads looking for an extension on your post-graduate work permit?
Here are some resources to help unpack what this means and how to make this PGWP (post-graduate work permit) extension work for you:
- "New Measures to Address Canada's Labour Shortage", Government of Canada
- "IRCC to resume FSWP & CEC invitations in July; and offer open work permit to PGWP holders", CICI News, The Voice of Canadian Immigration, Shelby Thevenot and Kareem El-Assal
- "Canada to Provide Another PGWP Extension", Canadian Immigration Law Firm", Lauren Boorman
- "Minister Sean Fraser, why exclude us from the post-graduate work permit extension?", Toronto Star, Minu Matthew
- "Canada Work Permits Extended for International Graduates", PIE News, Helen Packer